The course is for experienced people who wish to undertake commerical gas work. This qualification is a prerequisite to undertaking the commercial appliances
and testing and purging assessments.
This course is for experienced operatives who wish to undertake commercial gas work. The COCN1 module is normally undertaken as part of the Core
Commercial Gas Safety Course.
Candidates must be renewing their commercial qualifications, and those who are undertaking the qualification for
the first time should attend the New Entrant Commercial Heating Course.
- Category 1 Candidates experienced Gas Engineers who wish to renew their COCN1 qualification. issued either within or outside of the UK
- Category 1 Candidates who have allowed their qualification to lapse for more than 12 months
- Category 2 Candidates may also access this course.
This course comprises of 12 Core Competences:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion and the Use of Flue Analysis Equipment
- Commerical Ventilation Requirements
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings (up to 28mm in size)
- Checking and/or Setting Commercial Supply and Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Checking and Setting Commercial Appliances/Equipment Burner Pressures up to and Including 21mbar
- The Operation and Checking of Appliances Gas Safety Devices and Controls
- Commercial Appliance Flueing Requirements
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Relight Commercial Appliances
- COCN1 (incl ICPN1, TPCP1A, TPCP1) - 6 days
- COCN1 - 4 days
These courses can be training and assessment or assessment only.
COCNPI1 LS can also be taken as training and assessment or assessment only.
You will need to bring with you
- Candidate name and address
- Candidate National Insurance number
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Copies of relevant qualifications and/or evidence of gas work
- A declaration of the category for the individual making the
- First-time applicants will also be required to provide an acceptable
form of photographic identification e.g. a passport or driving licence