Course type: Classroom & Workshop
Estimated course length: 3 Days
Certificate expiration: 5 year(s)
CESP1 (or a suitable changeover – CODNESP1) is required for any engineer wishing to either
carry out emergency service gas work or gas metering work. In addition, the engineer must hold the relevant pipework or meter element for the work they wish to undertake.
undertaking this course for the first time or if they have expired for more than twelve months, they will be required to undertake one extra day’s assessment
Candidates must have successfully completed a Gas Foundation Managed Learning Programme
(GGFO) or hold one of the following core qualifications:
Candidates must hold CESP1.
This course comprises of 11 Core Competencies:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Ventilation requirements for Domestic and Commercial Appliances
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Tightness Testing & Purging of Domestic Sized NG Installations
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Flueing Standards
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Re-light Appliances/Plants
Range of fittings covered: All Gas Fittings.
A certificate of competence issued against this assessment criteria will be valid when the
holder is carrying out emergency service work covered by the certificate for a Gas Transporter or appointed Emergency Services Provider.
Learners will receive a certificate of competence from Bpec after successfully passing this
This course can be training and assessment or assessment only.
You will need to bring with
- Candidate name and address
- Candidate National Insurance number
- Passport sized photographs
- Copies of relevant qualifications and/or evidence of gas work
- A declaration of the category for the individual making the
- First-time applicants will also be required to provide an acceptable form
of photographic identification e.g. a passport or driving licence