PART P (DOMESTIC ELECTRICAL INSTALLER)
The Part P assessments are designed for installers that carry out electrical
installation work in dwellings under the supervision of a Qualified Supervisor. There are two Part P assessments:
- Defined Scope
- for installers that carry out electrical work as part of their work activity e.g. plumbers, heating installers, kitchen and bathroom fitters
- Full Scope
– for installers whose work may include full domestic electrical installations, including installing new consumer units or ring mains
Both of the above
qualifications apply to electrical work covered by Part P of the Building Regulations and BS7671:2008(2011) 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
Please note that the above
qualifications are aimed at installers who work under the supervision of a ‘qualified supervisor’. This qualification DOES NOT meet the minimum requirements for applicants wishing to achieve
‘qualified supervisor’ status
Applicants should have previous experience in the installation and maintenance
of domestic electrical installations. Applicants for the full scope assessment are required to hold the defined scope qualification.
Candidates wishing to take
re-assessment must have held the assessment element previously – if this element has expired within 12 months of the assessment date, it will be necessary to take the initial assessment
The defined scope qualification can normally be completed over a five-day period and the full scope qualification can normally be
completed in one day. The assessment of both qualifications normally consists of a combination of both practical and theory examinations
Certificates are normally valid for 5 years. On expiry,
candidates are eligible to take a shorter reassessmen
Training is NOT a pre-requisite for assessment although most candidates do
elect to undertake some sort of training prior to the assessment.
We provide the opportunity for
candidates to undertake training prior to the assessment.
Training materials are
Course Duration 5 Days
You will need to bring with you
- Candidate name and address
- Candidate National Insurance number
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Copies of relevant qualifications
- A declaration of the category for the individual making the